Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite Attractions at Magic Kingdom

This is the first in a series of my top 5 attractions at each park. This is no way in saying these are the best attractions, but these are my favorite that I need to do every time I am in Walt Disney World. The first Top 5 is at the Magic Kingdom. This list will not include the "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train," as I have not had the chance to ride it yet. So without further ado here are My Top 5 Favorite Attractions at Magic Kingdom:

5.) Peter Pan's Flight in Fantasyland:

This ride is literally a classic and every time I go to Magic Kingdom it is a must that me and my family go and ride Peter Pan's Flight. It is one of Disney's classic dark rides taking you right into magic of this classic Disney film. It is my suggestion that you get a fastpass for this ride as the lines are always long. Although now that the queue has been updated you may just want to wait in line just once. The ride itself takes you right into the film starting in the children's bedroom waiting for the arrival of Peter Pan. The ride takes you through Old Town London, to the scene flying over Big Ben, right into Never Land, overseeing the Mermaid Lagoon and Skull Rock. You will also see the notorious Captain Hook and Mr. Smee and of course the ever present crocodile. As you ride through the ride you will hear songs from the classic movie making you actually feel like you're in the movie. The ride lasts 2 minutes and 45 seconds. I love this ride and I put it at number 5 in my top 5 attractions at the Magic Kingdom.

4.) The Jungle Cruise in Adventureland:

The Jungle Cruise in number 4 on my top 5 favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom. Another classic Disney ride the takes you through the four dangerous rivers: the Amazon, the Congo, the Nile, and the Mekong. I just love this ride from the witty and not so funny tour guides to all the animatronic animals you see along the way. There is nothing like seeing the other side of a waterfall. This ride is a 9-minute excursion through the rivers and to me the magic is always different. The ride is a Walt Disney World original opening in 1971 when the park opened. Another favorite part of the ride is near the end with the shrunken head salesman. There is nothing like the deal three heads for one deal. This ride is another must ride for me and my family when we are at the Magic Kingdom. These are the reasons why number 4 on my top 5 favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom is the Jungle Cruise.

3.) Splash Mountain in Frontierland:

"It's the truth, it's actual, and everything is satisfactual." In at number 3 everybody's favorite water ride, Splash Mountain in Frontierland. I must admit when I was younger I didn't like this ride but as I grew older it has become one of my favorites. There is nothing like going on Splash Mountain to cool off from the hot Florida sun. It certainly helps that everyone loves this ride so getting a fastpass is a must. The ride itself is based on the adventure of Brer Rabbit who gets into trouble with two enemies in Brer Fox and Brer Bear. The ride takes you through Brer Rabbit's home Chickapin Hill through the Laughing Place and ending after a 50 foot drop into the Briar Patch. The 50 ft drop is where you will most likely get soaked, especially if your in the front row. Splash Mountain is a fun and family friendly ride that assures that everyone will get wet. Plan your fastpass so you can dry off in enough time that if you have other plans you will be dry. Splash Mountain is number 3 on my top 5 favorite attractions at Magic Kingdom.

2.) Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square:

999 happy haunts, but in at no. 2 is the Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Hop in a doom buggy for this Disney World original and enjoy one of the best rides in Disney World but it's not my number 1. The Haunted Mansion is another dark ride is home to Madame Leota and her 998 other happy haunts, of course there is always room for one more. You are on the ride which is hosted by your "ghost host" which is voiced by Paul Frees. The 7 and a half minute ride takes you through this mansion as the dead come alive in this classic attraction. Another ride that is always a must do at the Magic Kingdom. This ride is one of the magical things Disney does and everyone in my family loves this ride. Then at the end of ride you have Madame Leota saying, "Hurry Back, Hurrryy Baaack!!!!" Of course who doesn't want to hurry back on this great ride. I love it and I'm sure you do to. The Haunted Mansion is no. 2 in my top 5 favorite attractions at the Magic Kingdom.


1.) Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland:

Who's up for some good old family friendly competition? Number 1 and my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom is Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin located in Tomorrowland. How could I go for a simple ride instead of a thrill ride like Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. Easy, Buzz Lightyear is my favorite character in Disney/Pixar history. That is not the only reason although it is a big part of it. This ride where you are here to help Buzz defeat Emperor Zurg by shooting at targets to  get a certain amount of points added to your score while your aboard your XP-38 Space Cruiser. Not only are you facing Zurg but robots and aliens as well. The ride lasts about 4 1/2 minutes and its a competition with your family members on who can become a Galactic Hero. The maximum score is 999,999. My love for this is my family members are always in competition in who can get the highest score. It's lots of fun and there isn't a trip where we don't ride it multiple times over. Number one and my all time favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom is Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

This Day in Disney History:

On this day February 7, 1938 the very first Donald Duck daily strip in the USA, drawn by Al Taliaferro, is published.

On this day 75 years ago in 1940, Disney's animated film, Pinocchio, premieres at the Central Theater in New York City.

Daily Disney Quote:

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

Well that's all for today, except for tomorrow blog's will probably going up around this time during the week as I return to work on Monday. As always in the words of Mickey Mouse, "See Ya Real Soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment