Search This Blog

Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite Attractions at Animal Kingdom

We will close out the series at our last stop of my top 5 favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom. This has been a fun series and I hope you enjoyed the series. Once again I will state all statements are my opinion and in no way am I saying these should be everybody's favorite attractions. So let's get right into this with my top 5 favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom.

5.) The Tree of Life:

This could be considered one of the most beautiful things at Walt Disney World and that is why I had to include it in my favorite attractions. In at no. 5 of my favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom is The Tree of Life. It is so beautiful to look at this tree with all its different carving of different animals. You really get to appreciate your surroundings in Disney just be seeing this tree. It is like a scavenger hunt seeing how many animals I could name on the tree. As you walk into the park after the Oasis emerges the beautiful 145 ft. tall Tree of Life. It's branches spread out 165 ft wide and there are over 100,000 leaves and trunk is 50 ft tall. There are over 320 carvings of different animals and the tree itself took thousands of workers to build it in 18 months time. It simply is a sight to see as it is the park's icon. There is no way I could leave it off the list, so it's no. 5 of my favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom.

4.) Finding Nemo: The Musical:

It's time to go under the sea with Pixar at no. 4 of my favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom, Finding Nemo: The Musical. One of my favorite Pixar films is made into a musical at Animal Kingdom and it simply couldn't be left off the list. Finding Nemo: The Musical is just that a musical going through the movie with musical numbers. It really is a great show and a must see at the Animal Kingdom. Everyone knows the story of Nemo and this takes you fully into the movie with puppets, dancers, acrobats and more of this awesome show at Disney World. The show lasts about 30 minutes in this closed theater that makes you really are in the ocean. There's some Disney magic for you. I enjoy the show and so should you. In at no.4 of my favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom is Finding Nemo: The Musical.

3.) Dinosaur:

Let's travel back millions of years in search for the Iguanadon dinosaur in no. 3 of my favorite attractions at Animal Kingdom, Dinosaur. Yes, as in Epcot with Ellen's Energy Adventure another dinosaur ride makes my list in Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. This was a ride that I hadn't gone on until recently and is now one of my favorites at the park. This thrill ride is even better then the one in Epcot as you are jerked around in your all-terrain vehicle in search of the Iguanadon. During the ride you find yourself starting off in the prehistoric forest with dinosaurs everywhere. You then get caught in a meteor shower with still not finding the Iguanadon. With meteor shower heading for impact you finally find him, surviving the meteor shower you get back to the Dino Institute with the Iguanadon for a successful mission. It certainly is an exciting ride and give you a thrill. In at no. 3 of my favorite attractions at the Animal Kingdom: Dinosaur.

2.) Kilimanjaro Safari:

See every animal on this African safari, with no. 2 on my list of my favorite attractions at the Animal Kingdom, Kilimanjaro Safari. This really is an experience like no other because you actually feel like you are traveling through the African savannah on the Harambe Reserve. The animals you get to see are amazing from zebras to elephants to hippos to lions. There is so much to see it really is breathtaking. You must take photos on this ride although sometimes it is tough since you are in the vehicle that rarely stops. Your best chance for photos are if you sit at the end of a row. Suggested time of riding this attraction is between 2 and 3 in the afternoon as that is when all the animals are entering their end of days going into their barn. This will set up for some amazing photographs. The lions are the hardest to get photographs of because they sleep most of the day. Fastpasses are always a must for this ride as lines are long all the time. This ride is amazing and everyone should experience it when they go to the Animal Kingdom. In at no. 2 of my top 5 favorite attractions in the Animal Kingdom is the Kilimanjaro Safari.

1.) Expedition Everest:

Let's tell the story of the legend of the Yeti with my favorite ride at Animal Kingdom, Expedition Everest. On a ride to the highest mountains of Mount Everest you take a thrill ride on this roller coaster going high rates of speed, even going backwards. This ride is the top of all thrill rides at Disney World. It is a fun ride no matter how old you are although you must be 44 inches in height to ride this ride. The adrenaline you feel on this ride is amazing as you are on the run from the legendary creature, the Yeti. At one point you reach the end of the track because the yeti has destroyed forcing the coaster to go backwards. Just when you think you are going face-to-face with the yeti you drop to an 80 foot plummet to escape this legendary creature. This ride is one of my favorites in all of Disney World, a fastpass is a must for this ride as well. A definite must ride when you are in the Animal Kingdom and no. 1 of my top 5 favorite attractions, Expedition Everest has my vote for the best in this park.

This Day in Disney History:

On this day February 15, in 1899 Walt Disney's wife, Lillian Marie Bounds is born in Spalding, Idaho. 

Also on this day in 1950, Walt Disney Studios animated feature, Cinderella, is released.

Daily Disney Quote:

"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
So ends our series of my top 5 favorite attractions in the Disney Parks. Tomorrow we will return with your daily news from around Disney. As always we end with the words of Mickey Mouse, "See Ya Real Soon."






No comments:

Post a Comment