Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Resort Review: Disney's Caribbean Beach

It's hard to write things like these especially the day after you come home. Disney is a special place for everyone who loves it and it gets harder and harder to leave every time. This past week I had the chance to stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. The resort is very large getting to resort last Sunday and realizing that where you check in at the Custom House is totally separate from the buildings where you are staying.


Our room was located on the opposite end of the resort from the Custom House in Building 39 of Trinidad South. Disney's Caribbean Beach is split into seven different sections: Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. We were in a Pirate Room, Room 3908 to be exact.


The room isn't what we are used to although it was perfect for just the three of us (Mom, Dad, and myself). With my dad being disabled we always need the bathroom to have a walk-in shower with a chair for him. Bathroom was one of the nicest bathrooms in any of the resorts. Only issue was the sliding door seemed to get stuck when closing, not to big of an issue. 

There were two double beds that were made to look like you were sleeping in a literal pirate ships. The dresser looked like large crates ready to hold pirate loot. The refrigerator was inside a large barrel. It was pretty neat. Here are some pictures of the room:




Food, the main pool, and shopping area of the resort are all located in the Old Port Royale section of the resort. It was about a 15 minute walk from Trinidad South. CenterTown has a food court and Shutters Restaurant. We didn't not eat at Shutters but we ate the food court every day for breakfast and once for lunch and once for dinner. The food court had several options for everyone from the usual burgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza to some other pretty cool options. The menu can be quite adventurous especially for someone like me who is extremely picky. 

Tuesday night we didn't have any sit down reservations so we headed back to the resort for dinner before we headed over to Hollywood Studios for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. For dinner we all had the baked chicken which came with two sides. I had mine with mashed potatoes and broccoli. My parents had it with rice and broccoli. It was also served with cornbread which was delicious. The meal itself was almost like a table service meal anyway. The other time was yesterday for lunch before we left the resort. I went with the basic Angus Bacon Cheeseburger. Overall, the food was pretty good here and I enjoyed it. 



While I didn't get to go in the pool I did capture some views of the area. This resort is absolutely beautiful. I would stay here again but, I would request somewhere closer to Old Port Royale or even closer to the Custom House. You really do feel like your living life in the Caribbean. Check out some of the amazing shots I captured.










So overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Despite being so far away being at the opposite end of everything, the size and beauty of the resort made up for everything. The bus transportation to the parks was also pretty amazing. We were lucky enough to not have to wait more than 5 minutes for every bus going to the parks. The room ,although smaller than most of the rooms I've stayed in Disney resorts, really was perfect for the three of us. If people asked me about Disney's Caribbean Beach, I'd say go ahead and book it. I would just tell them request Barbados or even Martinique. I can't wait to see where I stay for my next visit at Disney World. 

1 comment: