Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Today We All Remember 9/11

15 years ago, I was just a young 7th grader naive to the world and its surroundings. 15 years ago, today the United States changed forever. 15 years ago, we were all attacked, but yet we all joined together to become a stronger nation. Today, is September 11 a day that we will all never forget and will always remember the innocent lives we lost in New York at the World Trade Center, in Washington at the Pentagon, and those braves soles on Flight 93 who fought before crashing in Shanksville, PA.

You never forget where you were that day when you found out. I was just in my 2nd week of classes as I started my high school career (7th and 8th grade is at the high school at my alma mater). The first plane had crashed into the North Tower while I was in my second period gym class. I didn't find out until next period when I was in Science class. I remember thinking how could this happen and why is this happening? My teachers tried to teach the rest of the day but they all knew we were distracted. How could we not be? Our nation had just been attacked. I remember getting home from school that day and just hugging my parents and we watched the news for days, that's all that mattered. We were just glued to the television and the newspapers just watching in horror.


Today, we all remember and will never forget a day that will live in infamy. May everyone who lost their lives on this day 15 years ago, Rest in Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment