Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Today's Special Moments, Are Tomorrow's Memories." Trip Report Part 2

Magic Kingdom:

We woke up early, so we could meet my sister, brother-in-law, and their kids at Magic Kingdom to celebrate my nephew's 13th birthday. After we all got done eating breakfast and getting ready we were off to the park arriving shortly after 9:30. I really couldn't complain about the weather just look how beautiful the sky looked entering into the park.


We headed straight to First Aid to drop off my insulin and my sister stopped at the bakery for some coffee for her and my mom. While waiting for my sister to get the coffee I captured some of the best photos I've ever taken. Check some of them out:





Once my sister came back with the coffee, it was time to head over to Adventureland to meet up with my nephew on his birthday along with the rest of my family. Walking through the park you just get this magical feeling inside of you that makes you so happy. I guess that's why they call it the most happiest place on Earth. So we headed over to the Jungle Cruise to meet up with everyone. 



After my sister's family got off the Magic Carpets, we headed over to Jungle Cruise to ride one of my favorite rides in the Magic Kingdom. It's also a classic ride that I believe is a must-do anytime you go to Disney World. 




After an amazing ride on the Jungle Cruise, we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean, a ride I hadn't been on since two trips before that. It was down when I went in May. You still get wet if you're in the first row and the water is still collecting in the bottom of the boat. So even though they fixed the animatronics in the ride the boat issue still there. We then tried to get on the Haunted Mansion before lunch but the line was too long. We headed over to Tony's for our lunch with the birthday boy. 

I hadn't been to Tony's in years as I was disappointed the last time we went there. This time though it was quite good. I had the pepperoni pizza, my father had the sausage pizza, and my sister and mother both had the margarita pizza. My sister and brother-in-law had the chicken parmesan with a white sauce. The kids had spaghetti and chicken tenders and noodles. Everything was quite delicious. We even got a cake for Zachary, my nephew. The service was just wonderful.


After the wonderful lunch we rushed over to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for our FastPass. I know after riding this for the first time in May I said it was one of the best rides in Magic Kingdom, I stand by that statement. This was truly special as my youngest nephew Ben is now able to ride it. He loved it as he was sitting in the first row with my sister and had his hands up in the air the whole time. 

Once we got off the Mine Train it was time to go our separate ways for a little bit as we had different FastPasses. My Mom, Dad, sister and I headed over to Tomorrowland for our FastPass on Buzz. My Mom and I always have a little competition on this ride as its my most favorite ride at Magic Kingdom. I won this round as I do most other times. We then went to visit Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, another one of my favorite shows in the park. This show makes me laugh every time. Like Roz says in her raspy voice, "I'm watching, always watching Wazowski." 



It was then time to meet back up with my sister, her husband and the kids to go on some of nephew's favorite attractions. First up was my nephew's favorite show in Carousel of Progress. Now this isn't my favorite attraction but it is one of those classics I believe can't be passed up. My nephew if he could would ride this for hours upon hours. Next, was a FastPass for Splash Mountain. My sister, Zack, my niece Abby, and I went on. With how hot it was it was the perfect time for riding Splash Mountain. Plus with the heat, we dried off rather quickly.

We headed back to Tomorrowland to meet up with the rest of my family. It was then that I finally got my picture taken with Buzz Lightyear. Buzz is really my favorite Disney character of all time. This was my first time ever I got my picture taken with him as every time we go the line is usually crazy long. 



It was getting late as we had to be out of the park by 7 because we didn't have tickets to the final Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. My sister did however have tickets so we decided to get a family picture to remember the amazing time we had.


We then went our separate ways, my family is seriously the best. We may be imperfect at times but I wouldn't replace them in the whole world. My sister's family went to enjoy the party and we started to head out of the park. Before we left however we stopped in the emporium to buy some things. We then decided to head over to the Polynesian for dinner at Captain Cook's since we didn't have any reservations. 

Now the Polynesian is probably my family's resort to stay at so it wouldn't be a trip without at least visiting there. We headed over to take the monorail over. Once we arrived we headed downstairs to Captain Cook's. For dinner I had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich minus the pineapple salsa, it was delicious. I somehow failed to take any pictures at the Poly, major fail by me since its my favorite resort and the most beautiful. 

It was then time to head back to Port Orleans to rest up before we left the next day. It was a successful trip. I was sad that I was going home the next day and was thinking of when my next trip back to the World would be. The next day as I wrote in my resort review we just walked and toured around Port Orleans Riverside. By midday it was time to be picked up and head back to the airport to begin our trip back home to Pennsylvania. 


I finish this trip report with the title and what it means, "Today's special moments, are tomorrow's memories." This was said by the Genie in Aladdin and it holds so much meaning in this trip. The special moments with celebrating my nephew Zack's birthday in Disney World were truly special. The memories that were made I will cherish forever. 






1 comment: