Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

"Today's Special Moments, Are Tomorrow's Memories." Trip Report Part 1

It's been two weeks now since I got back from Disney World, yes I know this should have been done sooner. Alas, though it is finally time to report on this wonderful short trip. We only spent two days in the parks, but it was an absolutely wonderful time celebrating my nephew's birthday in the most magical place on Earth. This trip was planned in two month's time and we surprised my nephew two weeks before hand. He was shocked and couldn't believe it and kept telling us that we were pulling an early April Fool's joke on him.

Enough of that however let's get onto the trip, as I stated in my resort review of Port Orleans Riverside, we didn't get to Disney until late afternoon on Friday, October 30. After a quick snack at our resort and checking out our room it was time to head to Disney Springs. I don't have much to report on from there as I failed to take any pictures. (Major FAIL) I can tell you though that the transformation from Downtown Disney into Disney Springs is absolutely beautiful. While I didn't get to check out the new restaurants or bars like Morimoto Asia, The BOATHOUSE, or even Jock Lindsey's I did get to try Earl of Sandwich for the first time ever.

I feel like a Disney amateur that I have never been to Earl of Sandwich before. Let's just put it this way my family and I hardly ever go to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs when we visit as we always are at the parks. With the short trip and arriving later than usual it was the perfect chance to visit the newly transformed Disney Springs. At Earl of Sandwich, I had the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich mine the avocado and chipotle sauce. If you know me I'm probably the pickiest eater you will ever meet but the sandwich got an A+ from me even without the avocado and the sauce.

We stayed at Disney Springs until about 9:00 and then headed back to the resort to get some rest after traveling most of the day. The next day we were heading to Epcot for my first ever experience of the International Food & Wine Festival. Yes, there were a lot of first's this trip.

Saturday:

After the previous day's trip to Disney Springs it was time to get to Epcot for one of the main reason's  in experiencing the International Food & Wind Festival. It was just a spectacular day, the weather was perfect. Check out this beautiful sky walking into Epcot.




After stopping for a quick bathroom break, my mother and I headed over to Test Track, one of my favorites in Epcot. While walking over to Test Track, the wait was only 30 minutes but right as we got over to step in line the wait shot up to 70 minutes. I noticed the single rider line was only 10 minutes so my mother and I jumped in that line. While in the single rider line you can't really customize your car but you can still choose one of the pre-made cars and attach it to your Magic Band. While my mom and I were separated once we got to ride, the ride was still amazing.

After that it was time for our fastpass at Spaceship Earth. It is pretty much a walk on to the ride when  you have a fastpass so we enjoy our ride into the future, that is not so futuristic anymore. It's always fun to ride through the past and beginning all the way to the present and into the future. We decided after the ride it was time to begin eating through the Food & Wine booths. 


One of the Cast Members made a recommendation that we begin by Mexico and work our way around the countries instead of by Canada because it's more crowded on that side. We started off at Farm Fresh booth where we ordered two orders of the Loaded Mac & Cheese with Bacon, Peppers, and Scallions. Let me tell you it started the bar high because it was amazing. We then headed to the Australia booth where my father, mother, and sister had the lamb. They enjoyed it but said the mac & cheese was better. 

After Australia we headed through Mexico and Norway where we didn't order anything. Then came China and the chicken pot stickers. Once again another delicious small bite to eat that was delicious. After walking through China we had reached the Outpost and the Africa booth. Here we decided to try to Buttered Chicken on Naan Bread. Unexpectedly, it was quite good and we moved on. We skipped the lines in Germany and Italy and headed to America. After taking a break from the sun and a bathroom break we decided to enter into the American Adventure and wait for the next show. Here are some pictures of inside one of the most classic attractions in Epcot.







It was time to head upstairs to listen to the Voices of Liberty before the show. Since my dad is in a wheelchair you really get to hear the music even better upstairs. It is truly inspirational and like I said back in May it really makes you feel honored to be an American.


Once they were done singing, we headed into the theater for the show. It was the middle of the afternoon once the show was done it was time to eat some mid afternoon snacks. We hit the Belgium and Brazilian booths next. In Belgium, it was the Belgium waffles with chocolate and fruit and in Brazil we sampled the baked cheese bread. I just had the cheesy bread from Brazil another one of my favorites from festival. My parents and sister both said the Belgium waffles were very good. It was France next for the Braised Short ribs in Cabarnet with mashed potatoes and the creme brûlée. While once again I didn't taste the items in France I was told again that they were excellent. 


By then it was almost time for our fastpass at Soarin' but before then we headed over to the Imagination pavilion to ride Figment. It's like how can you go to Epcot and not ride Figment. After Figment, we headed over to Soarin' to ride it one last time before it becomes Soarin' Over the World. Soarin's one of those rides that is literally breathtaking. I hope the new version is just as good as this attraction is.





After Soarin', we headed over to First Aid to pick up my insulin and then it was time for some dinner.  For dinner it was the Canada, Hawaii, and for dessert a Croissant Donut. In Hawaii, I had the Kalua Pork Slider and once again I wasn't disappointed. Then to Canada where I had the "Le Cellier" wild mushroom beef filet with a truffle butter sauce. Let me just tell you as I'm sure you all know that it was probably the best thing I had. I even went back to the booth for a second order. 


Of course after dinner it was getting late and we started heading out to the beginning of the park. We walked through MouseGears and it was time to say goodbye to a perfect day in Epcot and enjoy the Halloween festivities at our resort. 







No comments:

Post a Comment