Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Stay at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside 10/30-11/2


This weekend I had the pleasure of staying for the first time ever at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. I had a wonderful time celebrating my nephew's 13th birthday with my family. It was a trip with memories that will last forever. I will talk more about the trip itself in my trip report that is coming up. Now, though I will talk about Port Orleans Riverside and how great my stay was.

Without going into to much detail, our flight left out of our local airport at around 11:20 a.m. and we arrived at the Orlando/Sanford airport shortly after 2 p.m. By the time we gathered our luggage and met with the shuttle driver who would be taking us to Port Orleans. We arrived at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside after about an hour drive. We were already checked in as I had checked in online so we decided to get something quick to eat since we had a light lunch at the airport.

We headed over to the Riverside Mill Food Court and ordered some chicken breast nuggets. While we were ordering, I received a text message that our room was ready. Our room was in the Alligator Bayou Section in Building 27 and Room number 2714. After eating, I swear Disney has best chicken breast nuggets ever, we headed over to our home away from home for the weekend.




The room was a standard room that was handicap accessible for my dad. We unpacked and relaxed for about a half hour before we decided to head over Disney Springs. I will go into more details about my visits to Disney Springs and the parks in my Trip Report. The room had two queen size beds and the bathroom had a walk-in handicap accessible shower with chair to sit down. By the time we got back from Disney Springs we were exhausted so we all washed up and showered to get some sleep before we headed over to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival in the morning.

We woke up and walked down to breakfast at the Riverside Mill Food Court again. I had a Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Sandwich on white bread. It was delicious. We then proceeded back to the room for my father to have his breakfast and then headed to Epcot. We got to the park around 10 and were there for about 9 hours. We then headed back to the hotel to enjoy the Halloween festivities at the hotel. Here are some of the pumpkins created by the staff.










Being at Disney World during Halloween was truly a special experience and Port Orleans was great. They even had Goofy their to meet & greet with resort guests. I'm not going to lie we returned to our room and watched football the rest of the night. We followed the next morning up by waking up a little earlier to try to get to Magic Kingdom as early as possible to celebrate my nephew's birthday. We didn't have tickets to the Mickey's Not-So-Scary so we were out of the park by 6:00. We then headed over to the Polynesian for dinner at Captain Cook's. After a long day by 8:00 we were ready to return to our room.

We had a surprise from our cleaning crew when we got back a Mickey head-shaped towel.


Monday was our final day at Port Orleans so I took the morning since we were leaving for airport at 11:30 to take some photos of our room and the resort. So here are some of the pictures that I took.

First of the room:







Now of around the resort:



















Overall, it really was a great stay at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside and I would recommend others to stay there. I really have no complaints which just shows how much I enjoyed it there. Only inconvenience was one bathroom in the room, but that can't be changed. My family is used to staying at Art of Animation, so we are a bit spoiled. Disney's Port Orleans Riverside has such beautiful scenery and really feels like you are on the Bayou in Louisiana. I give Port Orleans Riverside an A+ rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment