Search This Blog

Sunday, July 9, 2017

"Adventure is Out There" Trip Report Part 2

After 17 plus hours in Animal Kingdom the previous day, there really was no rush to get to Magic Kingdom for when it opened. We somehow without any intention though got to Magic Kingdom right at 9 a.m.


I must say moving the security to right after the busses was a great idea and really does leave a much cleaner look when entering the parks. Of course is there any better view of entering the parks then when you first see Cinderella Castle walking down Main Street, USA.




After a quick stop at First Aid to drop my insulin off, it was time to really start our day. We headed over to Adventureland and began our day with a ride on one my favorites in the Jungle Cruise. Lines weren't horrible through out the day, we waited about 20 minutes to get on.

Rhino was still missing, replaced by hyenas on 6/10/17


Now I won't bore you with each ride we went on, but it was easy picking with getting on the rides that day with the exception of Big Thunder Mountain which was down for most of the day. In the morning we rode besides Jungle Cruise were 'its a small world', Mine Train, Little Mermaid, and Splash Mountain (not in this order). We then headed to lunch at Be Our Guest.

I have now been to Be Our Guest at lunch twice and both times were spectacular. My mother and I both had the Croque Monsieur (Ham & Cheese Sandwich). I had the Master's Cupcake (my favorite) and my mother had the Chocolate Cream Puff. Both meals were delicious and the meals were brought to us rather quickly. 




After lunch it was much of the same with getting on rides as it was in the morning. Although, we did get caught in two quick moving thunderstorms (normal June Florida weather), but they didn't stop us. We saw Mickey's Philharmagic, then headed to Haunted Mansion where we got caught in the first rain storm while in line. It helped that we were in line as even it was still pouring after the fact it did slow down a few minutes later to allow us to get our FastPass at Peter Pan. 




I then had to head over to the Big Circus Tent to switch out my FuelRod which had died. While in the tent another storm had started up so we just waited it out. It was about 10-15 minutes and it stopped and we headed to Tomorrowland. Here we hit Buzz, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, and the Laugh Floor pretty quickly. Since, we used up all our FastPasses, I was able to grab a FastPass for Pirates.

Not my best but I'll take it. 
We headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean but since it was still a bit early for the FastPass. So my mother gladly went and got a Dole Whip and we enjoyed the Enchanted Tiki Room. It was then time for our Pirates FastPass and one of my favorite attractions. 



It was a pretty successful day at that point, it was time for dinner. We decided on a whim to eat at the Plaza Restaurant on Main Street. We sure enough got in and had a great quick meal while sitting down and relaxing. I had the Grilled Reuben Sandwich while my mother really enjoyed the Strawberry Chicken Salad. Really, I've never had a bad meal at the Plaza.

After dinner, we headed to the Emporium to do some shopping and then headed to the Confectionary for some snacks before Happily Ever After. We grabbed a spot on Main Street and waited for Happily Ever After. 


Even after watching the live stream of Happily Ever After, nothing could of prepared me for seeing it live in person. It really is the best nighttime spectacular that I've ever seen. The emotions really do get to you with the music and classic Disney films that make an appearance during the show. It was the perfect ending to our trip and another 12 plus hours at the park.






The next morning we were up at the butt crack of dawn to be back at the airport for our 7 a.m. flight. I was back in Pennsylvania and home by the middle of the morning. The trip was so worth it that I can't believe all things that I was able to see in just two days.

It was an amazing and successful trip and I would do it 10 times over if I had the chance to do it again. Being able to see Pandora just shortly after it opened, being able to experience Flight of Passage and the Caring for Giants Tour (seeing Baby Stella will be a lasting memory), and of course seeing Happily Ever After live were some of the amazing highlights of this trip. 

I can't wait for my next trip and its looking like April 2018 can't come soon enough and I already know its going be one my most memorable trips yet. See you all real soon.

- John












No comments:

Post a Comment