Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Wishlist for Disney Parks & Resorts at D23 EXPO 2015

We are just 5 days away from this year's D23 EXPO and the anticipation for an huge announcement from Disney Parks & Resorts is what everyone is waiting for. While I will not be in attendance, I will be closely monitoring this year's Disney Parks & Resorts presentation set for Saturday. I am going to begin with Hollywood Studios.


Note: None of this confirmed by anybody, this is just my wish list of what I hope is announced at this year's D23 EXPO.

Over they last year, Hollywood Studios has gone from a park filled with enough attractions to almost make a full day out of the park to a half-day park for most guests. There are a few exceptions like when they are having special events such as Star Wars Weekends or Frozen Summer Fun. Over the last year we saw the closing of the Studio Backlot Tour (October 2014) and even more recently The Magic of Disney Animation. Also rumored to be closing are One Man's Dream and Journey of the Little Mermaid, (both of which are said to close at the end of September.)

For this stretch of land in Hollywood Studios, I am expecting part of the rumor about Toy Story Play Place coming to Florida. Instead, Hollywood Studios will get a Pixar Land (another rumor that has surfaced before). Inside of this Pixar Land I believe will be a Monsters Inc attraction (yes, this is more of dream but, a man could hope right), 2 attractions from Toy Story Play Place, and an expected smaller version of Cars Land.

Here is where things get a little more complicated on the other side of the park with Streets of America and the expected Star Wars Land. Nothing has been announced to close as of yet even though Lights Motors Action has be rumored to be closing over the last year and Streets of America is set to stay at least until after the holidays with the return of the Osborne Light Spectacular. I do expect Streets of America to close after the new year though. I expect that Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will close and the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland to come to Hollywood Studios.

For Star Wars Land I expect a Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant will be part of the land as well as a speeder bike coaster. I also expect another smaller C or D ticket Star Wars-themed attraction to be part of the land. I also want to say a life-size Millennium Falcon will also be built. As far as more details, we will just have to wait until the expo for the finite details. I also expect that we will hear the new name to be announced as Hollywood Adventure as many have predicted.

For Disneyland, I expect it to get Star Wars Land but not as big as Hollywood Studios, I'd say they won't get the C or D ticket attraction and the walk-through Millennium Falcon. We will hear more details on Shanghai Disneyland as well as updates on Avatarland. Disney World will hopefully be the big show off for the presentation.

Again I remind you this is not what you will exactly hear everything that will be announced. Although, I do expect to hear at least part of theses wishes to come true. What is everyone else's wishes for the Disney Parks & Resorts presentation at this week's D23 EXPO?

No comments:

Post a Comment