Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

My Review on "Lava" and "Inside Out" (No Spoilers)

Let's just start off by saying well done Pixar on another animated hit film in "Inside Out." The short film before that though "Lava" was quite amazing as well. That is where we will start as well. "Lava" was one of the best animated shorts I have ever seen. The catchy song that is still stuck in my head from the other day was impressively composed. I give "Lava" two thumbs up and if I had more I would definitely give it more. Be sure to pay attention to the details of this amazingly well written short. I can't say it again but really job well done Pixar. 


Now onto to the main part of the review of "Inside Out." Before I go into saying how wonderful this film was, it truly was it didn't reach my top spot of Pixar films of all time, but it does rank up their in my top 3 definitely. I have a special love for "Toy Story 3" and "Monsters Inc." "Inside Out" really plays with your emotions literally. Amy Poehlor plays Joy and although she bring her comedic input she also brings some real life input into the character as well. In my opinion she played the character perfectly. Phyllis Smith (Sadness), Bill Hader (Fear), Lewis Black (Anger), and Mindy Kaling (Disgust) all play their characters perfectly, especially Smith who very well plays to the character of Sadness perfectly. She and Poehlor are the perfect combination to help 11-year old Riley throughout her life. 


Let's not all forget that these are about the emotions inside our head, not just Riley's, whose story of moving away from everything could be traumatic to any child. How many kids in their lifetime are ripped away from their friends and their lives as their parents pack them up and move them away to somewhere else. The movie plays with your emotions and gets you hooked right from the start. The storyline is definitely something everyone could relate to both kids and adults. Pixar did a fantastic job on relating the movie to real life. 

I can't forget my favorite character in the whole movie though in Bing Bong, Riley's childhood imaginary friend. He represents what every child has when they are younger. The song that comes along with Bing Bong will be heard for years to come. The reality of this film though is we all have emotions that lead us in our lives every day. They really are there inside our heads to help us out when we need them. My recommendation is this go see "Inside Out" it will bring you through all the emotions you have but in the end you will have the joy of knowing you saw one of Pixar's best. I give  "Inside Out" 5 out of 5 stars. Don't miss out on one of the great animated films of our time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment