Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Movie Review: Disney's "Moana" is a Masterpiece from Disney Animation (Spoiler Free)


What can I say about "Moana" that has already been said, the film is a masterpiece from Walt Disney Animation. I was filled with joy last night as I finally got to see the film. Between the music and the storyline and the amazing characters, this film was amazing from start to finish. My favorite characters were Maui and Hei Hei, but our heroine, Moana (played by Auli'i Cravalho) is clearly the star of the film.

"Moana" gives us the lesson of following our hearts and that nothing is impossible. Moana follows her heart to the ocean, her true calling, despite her father's wishes against it. She chose her own path and in the end what was thought to be impossible was possible because she followed her heart. The story was perfect for the film and it played out perfectly just as Disney always makes its movies. No matter what the trouble the characters may find themselves in, they find their way to a better place. Walt Disney Animation gets even the little details in the movie right and that is why the film was so good. 

I can go on and on about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Maui and how we the perfect demigod but I feel like many of you already feel the same way. Really, I want to tell everyone how funny Hei Hei the chicken was during this movie. Everyone can relate to Hei Hei, well at least I can, I mean he is awkward and kind of dumb, but he's actually very heroic and does have some wit to him. They were definitely my two favorite characters. 

Also, I'm just going to say that Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius. The music that he wrote for the film was perfect. The songs have been stuck in my head all day as I sing along to "You're Welcome" and "We Know the Way." Is "You're Welcome" the next hit that takes the country and the world by storm, because I think it is. I was singing the song for days even before I saw the film. 

"Moana" is truly a masterpiece and should win many awards for how great the film is. If you haven't seen it yet, please go see it and enjoy it. Many have said how "Moana" is better than "Frozen" and I agree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment