Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Farewell to The Great Movie Ride & Universe of Energy; Stitch Goes Back to Seasonal Operation

Farewell to The Great Movie Ride & Universe of Energy:


Today, we say farewell to two classic original attractions and since it was announced at D23 it hasn't gotten any easier in saying goodbye to them. Both The Great Movie Ride and Universe of Energy will close forever at end of operation tonight. Universe of Energy/Ellen's Energy Adventure will close as of 7:00 p.m. ET and The Great Movie Ride will close at 9:30. 

Both rides will make way for new attractions but the nostalgia of both attractions will live on forever. I will always remember riding The Great Movie Ride all throughout my childhood learning about the movies. I loved seeing the Mary Poppins scene and of course the classic ending scene from "The Wizard of Oz." It is a bit sad to see the last original opening attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios go away.


Now while I am going to miss The Great Movie Ride tremendously, I have a special place in my heart for Universe of Energy. I have always enjoyed this attraction both before and after the Ellen update. While many have enjoyed taking a nap in this attraction I have always thought this was one of the more interesting and learning experiences for an attraction. It's the original dinosaur ride. 

While Universe of Energy will see its own way into extinction after tonight, I am going to sorely miss hearing the "Stupid Judy" joke, seeing the beautiful creatures we call dinosaurs, and of course who could forget Bill Nye. This is one of those rides that I have so many memories on from when I was younger.

With that before the tears start flowing, I say farewell to the both of these amazing attractions. The memories from both will last a lifetime.

Stitch's Great Escape Going Back to Seasonal Operation:


Guests have one more week to see Stitch's Great Escape at the Magic Kingdom before it closes down probably until the holiday season. Stitch will have his final day of its Summer Operation schedule next Saturday, August 19. Beginning the next day on August 20 it will go back into season operation. It still remains clear what the fate of Stitch's Great Escape for now but rumors are still circling around the possibility of a new Wreck-It-Ralph attraction taking its place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment