Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Movie Review: "Beauty and the Beast" is Magnificently Done, Still a Classic


After seeing "Beauty and the Beast" it brought me back to a place of my childhood a rebirth of Disney animation back in 1991. I was just a young toddler back then but seeing the re-make into the fine piece of a motion picture into a live-action film. I won't lie I may have shed a tear towards the end of the film. Bill Condon did a wonderful job directing and the cast was just amazing.

Many had doubts about Emma Watson portraying the role of Belle, but she held her own. I was simply amazed, how well she played the role. Her voice while not perfect was good enough for me to make me satisfied that they had picked her. The true star is Dan Stevens playing the Beast. I can listen to him sing "Evermore" all day long if I had too. I will be humming songs from this film not just the old songs but the new one's as well. 

Back to the cast Luke Evans as Gaston and Josh Gad as LeFou were perfectly cast for their roles. The controversy before the film came out was unnoticeable to the common eye. Josh Gad was perfect and I'm not sure anyone else fit for the role. Emma Thompson as Mrs.Potts while she is no Angela Lansbury who voiced the role in the animated classic, was amazing in singing "Days in the Sun" and even "Beauty and the Beast." I was quite surprised how beautiful of a voice she had. 

I can go on and on about the music from the film as I will be humming and singing the songs for the foreseeable future. Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice have all done it again and the addition of Josh Groban and Celine Dion have brought this music to a whole new level. 

I end with saying go see this film and its magnificent and will be a classic just as its animated predecessor was. Relive your childhood as well and you may even shed a tear too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment