Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2016

"Hakuna Matata, It Means No Worries." Trip Report Part 3

I can't believe we are coming to an end on this amazing trip that I took just one month ago. In this final part of my trip I am back in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. Plus, I get my final viewing of the Main Street Electrical Parade which ended its run at Disney World just last week and my thoughts on Frozen Ever After. So without further ado here are amazing memories of the ending to my trip.

Thursday, September 22:


We were coming down to the end of our trip but there was still 2 days of amazing memories to create.  It was back to Epcot on Thursday for more Food & Wine and our return to Le Cellier for diner. We arrived in Epcot around 9:30 after breakfast and getting ready for the day at our resort. First up we headed over to Universe of Energy for Ellen's Energy Adventure. Yes, its not everyone's favorite attraction but rumors abound this could be the last time we got to see the original dinosaur ride.



After Ellen, we headed over to Test Track and in the single rider line. Here is a tip for you: The single rider line for Test Track is a great idea if you don't have a FastPass for it. You may not get to ride together but it saves time if you have a busy day ahead of you at the parks. I love Test Track it is one of my favorite attractions at Epcot so it is a must ride every time we go. It was then time for our FastPass at another of my favorites in Journey into Imagination with Figment.


It was then time for some lunch and to enjoy more of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. We switched it up where as we usually start in Mexico we started on the opposite side and started towards Canada. First though my parents headed to the Australia marketplace for the grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies. I headed over to Farm Fresh once again for the Loaded mac & cheese. They then shared the chicken gyro over at the Greece marketplace.


It was then time to head over to Canada for the Wild Mushroom Beef Filet with the Truffle Butter sauce. It was delicious and that was just the first steak of the day but that will come later. We then proceeded through the countries stopping at Brazil for the Cheese buns and Belgium for the Belgian Waffle with chocolate ganache and whipped cream. It was time to take a break from the food and cool down in the America pavilion.




I love America and the Voices of Liberty and I feel so patriotic afterwards. It is highly recommended for everyone to go see this. After the show it was almost time for our FastPass at Frozen Ever After but first we stopped at Hops & Barley for the carrot cake and on our way over to Norway I just had to stop in Poland for the kielbasa and the pierogi. These are staples in my household and Disney surprisingly has amazing kielbasa. 

By then we were stuffed and still had to make room for our dinner at Le Cellier but first it was over to Norway for our first ever ride on Frozen Ever After. Here is my review, the attraction was very well done and my absolute favorite of the animatronics was Olaf. Is it my favorite attraction no but I will definitely ride it again. Here are some shots from inside the ride. 





By this time it was time to begin heading back over to Canada for our reservation at Le Cellier. It was awesome because since it had become a 2 dining credit restaurant we hadn't been there. It was a wonderful return and the meal was absolutely delicious. I had the "Le Cellier" Filet Mignon with the mushroom risotto. One of the best steaks I have ever had on property, it reminded me why this was one of my favorite restaurants to eat at. 

After dinner it was time to head back to the resort to recover from dinner before we headed over to Magic Kingdom for our last ever viewing of the Main Street Electrical Parade. First, though here some shots leaving Epcot.



As we made it back to our resort for a quick break and I mean quick, we made our way over to the Magic Kingdom. We made it there with 20 minutes to spare before the parade started and we still had a great spot. We were just across from the Main Street Train Station. I was so happy to be seeing the parade one last time but I was also sad. I am really going to miss the Main Street Electrical Parade and last week watching it online as it paraded through the Magic Kingdom one last time really had my emotions going.






It was a great run for the Main Street Electrical Parade and I like many am going to miss this parade. After the parade, we headed over to the busses to take us back to Caribbean Beach for the evening. I had to prepare myself for the final day in the parks.

Friday, September 23:

The week had flown by and it was already Friday meaning sadly it was our last day in the parks. Of course the trip had to end in Magic Kingdom. My family loves ending the trip in Magic Kingdom so usually that is where we always head on our last day. It was already going to be a short day due to there being a Halloween party that night so we arrived early to the park just after 9:00. Again that is early for us we never make it to rope drop although we have done it when I was younger.




It seemed like it was a busy day but in reality the crowds weren't to bad at all. We headed over to the Jungle Cruise and Adventureland for our first FastPass. I love the Jungle Cruise and the jokes never get old. I would like to give a shout out to Skipper Kelsey who was absolutely amazing on our boat. 




It was another amazing ride through the jungle, it was then time to head over to the Enchanted Tiki Room and the amazing sounds of those awesome birds. We then went over to Pirates of the Caribbean where I got to see one of my favorite characters Disney has created in Captain Jack Sparrow. This is one of my favorite rides, I know I say this about all the rides, but really its a classic and a favorite. 



The day was going by quick and it was already time for lunch. We headed over to Pinocchio's Village Haus and while I had the chicken breast nuggets instead of getting a dessert I got a side of breadsticks. The breadsticks were actually quite amazing. After lunch, for the purpose of saving time we went straight over to Splash Mountain early and wait in the standby line. This meant we were skipping our FastPass to save time. It was only a 30 minute wait so it wasn't bad at all.

If you heard my story on the MouseLife last week, you know Splash Mountain wasn't always my favorite attraction. In fact, I was deathly afraid of it when I was younger, now I ride it every time I go. 


Once we rode Splash Mountain, we decide to take a stroll through New Fantasyland where we stopped at Gaston's Tavern. My mother wanted a LeFou's Brew so we stopped there and then proceeded over to Dumbo where I took a ride in the sky in everyone's favorite elephant.




It is always a nice relaxing ride on Dumbo where you can just enjoy the views of the Magic Kingdom. We then proceeded over to Tomorrowland where we finished up with Carousel of Progress, Buzz, and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor again. I couldn't finish my trip at the Magic Kingdom without riding my absolute favorite ride in Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. Although my score was less than stellar its was just over 100,000, it was still amazing. 

Here are some views of Tomorrowland as well as the new paint job at Carousel of Progress and those beautiful new purple rocks. 





Exiting Tomorrowland it was starting to get surreal that the trip was over but first however heading over to the castle, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire was just beginning on the stage. I don't know I'm sure people miss Dream Along with Mickey, but this new show is quite impressive and I love the story that it tells. It is a great new addition to the park.






It was then time to start heading towards Tony's for dinner but first we made our way into the Emporium for some last minute souvenirs. It is here where we picked up some 45th Anniversary merchandise that came out the day before. I picked up one of the shirts and 3 pins. Now it was time for dinner at Tony's Town Square. 

Here I had the New York Strip Steak (yes, more steak) with au gratin potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious and I know people have put this restaurant down but this is the second time I've been here and the meal was great. For dessert, I had the chocolate cake with chocolate hazelnut filling which was also quite good. 

Dinner was finished and so was our time inside the parks, it was time for us to go back to our resort to begin packing. Here is one last shot of the castle that I took before I left Magic Kingdom.


This ended a magnificent trip and so many memories were made, but we still had to get packed and endure the last few hours we had.

Saturday, September 24:

Saturday is always a bittersweet day filled with emotions. We woke up and went to breakfast where I had my last Mickey waffles of the trip. My mother and I then had to take our luggage so we could check it in. When we got done with that it was back to the room to pick up our remaining stuff along with my father to head to the food court area before the Magical Express picked us up at 2.

We had lunch at the food court and this is where I picked up all my Mickey Rice Krispie treats to take home. There was seven in all and they lasted a week while I was home. The trip was ending and the Magical Express (Tragical Express) came and picked us up. It is always sad when you are leaving Disney World and this time was no different. As always the trip had so many magical moments. I can't wait to return. 

It's not goodbye when you leave Disney, its always, "See Ya Real Soon."











No comments:

Post a Comment